According to China Woodwork Factory , the characteristics of wood are lightweight, high strength-to-weight ratio, good elasticity, impact resistance, rich and beautiful texture and color, and easy processing.
1. Naturalness: Wood is a natural material. Among the four main materials commonly used by humans, steel, wood, cement, and plastic, only it is directly taken from nature. Therefore, wood has the advantages of low production cost, low energy consumption, non-toxic, No pollution, and so on.
2. Wood can adjust temperature and dehumidify, and has good environmental characteristics.
3. High strength-to-weight ratio: The strength-to-weight ratio of wood is larger than that of ordinary metals, that is, the wood material is light and strong.
4. Thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity of wood is very small. Compared with other materials, the thermal conductivity of aluminum is 2000 times that of it, and the thermal conductivity of plastic is 30 times that of it. Therefore, wood has good thermal insulation properties.
5. Electrical insulation: The point conductivity of wood is poor, so it is a better electrical insulation material.
6. Wood is easy to process. Tenon joints, nail joints, and cementation are common among wood products, and various metal connectors; they can also be bent and compressed after cooking.
7. The disadvantage of wood is that it is flammable, perishable, not resistant to insects, shrinks and swells, and so on.
8. Decorative: The wood itself has a natural and beautiful pattern, and as a furniture and decorative material, it has a good decorative effect. Due to some of the unique properties of wood mentioned above.
9. In construction applications, the fire resistance of wood is stronger than that of steel: after many ancient wooden buildings experienced a fire, only the exterior is scorched, but they still stand, and the strength of the internal structure is still very high; on the contrary, many reinforced concrete buildings are overheated Later, because the steel bars were burnt soft, the building collapsed and the building was severely damaged.
10. Except for some high-density special woods, the specific gravity of most woods is lower than that of water, so they can float on the water and make ships.
11. The advantages of wood as a resource: are renewable, selective breeding, less investment, and no pollution.